Microwave dos and don'ts
A microwaves can save you precious minutes every day and be your
lifetime kitchen companion if you treat it with care.
1. Make sure that the glass tray, roller arms, coupling and roller
track are in place while operating the microwave.
2. Use microwaves only for food preparation and not for drying
clothes, paper or any other non-food items.
3. Do not operate the microwave when empty and do not use the microwave
cavity for any type of storage.
4. Do not cook eggs with the shell, as they will burst. Puncture
egg yolks, egg white before cooking to prevent 'explosion'. Occasionally
a poached egg may burst during cooking.
5. Do not cook any food surrounded by a membrane, such as egg yolks,
potatoes, chicken livers, etc, without first piercing the food several
times with a fork.
6. Do not insert any object into the openings on the outer case.
Do not at any time remove parts from the microwave such as the feet,
coupling, screws, etc.
7. Do not cook food directly on the glass tray. Place food in or
on proper cooking utensil before placing in the microwave.
8. Do not use metal pans, dishes with metal handles, anything with
metal trim, melamine dishes as they contain a material that will
absorb microwave energy. Also do not use glazed cookware, closed
containers or containers made of paper, wood, bamboo, etc, as they
9. Do not attempt to deep fry foods in the microwave.
10. When using the combination mode, never place any aluminum or
metal container directly on the wire rack. Always insert a glass
plate or dish between the wire rack and the aluminum container.